Provides leadership, guidance and encouragement in developing programs and activities aimed at evangelism, discipleship, ministry, missions, fellowship and worship opportunities for middle school and high school.
1. Has experienced a Biblical "New Birth" and a call to youth ministry that is evident in actions, reactions and attitudes toward persons and events.
2. Possesses a passion for helping youth know Jesus and helping parents become spiritual leaser I their families.
3. Maintains a personal program for spiritual growth and development through private Bible study, meditation and prayer.
4. Knows and is willing to stand for beliefs in accordance with The Baptist Faith and Message.
1. Encourage youth to discover and develop their spiritual gifts and then provide avenues of ministry in the use of those gifts.
2. Create innovation activities and programs to develop and lead our youth ministry, providing an atmosphere where youth and families can connect with Jesus, each other, and the world.
3. Understand and support the vision and direction of the church and strive to provide the same to youth and families.
4. Utilize recreation as a tool for church ministries, striving to provide and encourage recreational activities for all age groups within the church.
5. Represent the Lord and the church in activities that relate to the community with warmth and sincerity.